Friday, December 14, 2012

Holiday Craziness

It's so hard to believe that in just 10 days we will be back in New Jersey for a much needed vacation!  It has been way too long since we have seen all of our friends and family in the "Dirty Jerz."  However, before we actually take that 10 hour road trip back east, we have a lot to get done.  Corbin will be finishing up his second graduate course today as he hands in his final assignment.  I'm so proud of all he has taken on this fall/winter.  He puts in so much time at the high school between coaching and tutoring after school and then he has to come home and get all of his lesson plans, assignments, and tests typed up.  He has done all of this without getting sick or having too many mental lapses.  What a trooper!  

I've been enjoying my time off between semesters but I do look forward getting back into the swing of school in January (I'll regret saying that later).  In the meantime, I've been catching up on some reading and have also been trying out lots of new recipes I've found on Pinterest.  I love that website.  Although I won't be coaching in Clinton this spring (heading to Tecumseh), I am still taking at least one of my former athletes through workouts twice a week.  I'm actually doing the workouts with her because I'm also trying to get back into shape.  As I took her through our first workout together, she said, "You must have been in such amazing shape in college doing two sports."  That was all the motivation I needed to start working out again. Thanks Ellen!  We just finished up our third week of workouts and I know I feel stronger already!  

This weekend looks like it's going to be a busy one.  Tonight we will head up to E. Lansing after the Varisty basketball game for a Christmas party/housewarming party.  One of Corbin's classmates from the education program just recently bought his first home and we're really anxious to see it.  We're also looking forward to seeing some of his friends from college and being back in the E. Lansing area.  We love that place!  Tomorrow, we're hoping to get our Christmas tree up and decorated (even though we leave in a week and a half).  I feel like it's the only thing that gets me in the Christmas spirit!  Corbin's cousin was kind enough to pick one up for us from their Christmas tree farm up north.  I'm hoping it isn't a complete Charlie Brown Christmas tree even though I know my mom would love it.  They're her favorite.  Tomorrow night we have another Christmas party to head to with some of Corbin's volleyball teammates.  Sunday, I'm really hoping to get some Christmas cookies baked.  I can't wait to make some of our classic "Murawski" cookies to share with the Brown's next weekend.  

Next week will most likely be the longest week ever since we're both so excited to head east.  Before we go, however, we will be enjoying a Christmas dinner with the Brown side of Corbin's family.  It's always a large gathering and that's with many cousins missing.  This year, Corb's cousin Kate and her husband Mike will be coming in for the occasion as well as Kate's brother Jordan and his wife Sara.  We saw Kate this summer but Mike was away on deployment so it's been a while since we saw him.  Jordan and Sara just moved up to Kentucky in the last 6 months or so and we haven't seen them since their wedding 2 years ago! Definitely excited to see everyone again!  We're planning on leaving after the dinner on Sunday afternoon and then driving through the night.  We should arrive early on Christmas Eve.  Although we'll be tired, I'm sure all of the excitement will keep us going for a few days!

Hopefully these next 10 days will fly by but not too quickly so we can really enjoy them!  I hope everyone is gearing up for Christmas without too much stress!  

No comments:

Post a Comment